For organisations to show true commitment to the workforce across the life span the proposed points by OPSO should be considered.
There is a need for a Business Charter that imparts or evoke a sense of urgency for action within an organisation. In this charter we would like to see a business case for change as a pre requisite .We would like to see applications of known best practice.
Without measurement such Business Charter would be a toothless Tiger.
So questions which such a charter should address would include:
- How are we currently on track against this Charter and how will we know we are improving or regressing against the charter?
- Did we achieve what we agreed to achieve?
- Have we been effective in achieving what we did achieve?
- What are the lessons learnt?
- How does what we do and have done match best practice?
We must address the following barriers
- Safe work environments
- International Working Visas
- Targeting Line Management and HR leadership to address fundamental ageist behaviours
General Positions that presently need to be met
Access to resources and opportunities for older job seekers, those wanting a career or casual work status. These resources need to be in a format available to older workers such as www and printed literature, including in multilingual formats. As well there needs to be access to face to face support.